How Do You Attach a Google Doc to an E-mail? February 14, 2010Posted by computertrainer in Google Apps.
Tags: e-mail google doc, Google doc
This week I held a special class for a new client. I had held two Excel classes and then was approached to do a special class (I always like to customize a class for a client). They had a need to introduce their reps, who are always on the road, how to use Google Apps on their new netbooks. During the class the question came up… ”How do I attach a Google doc to an e-mail?” from the e-mail message.
If you are in the e-mail message and want to attach a Google doc, the sad news is you cannot unless you download the doc to your harddrive and then attach it like you would a Word document. Short of downloading the doc, the solutions is this:
- Click on Documents in the upper left corner of the window (for this client … just above the company logo)
- Click in the box in front of the doc you want to send (this puts a check mark in the box)
- Click the Share drop-down menu, and select Email as attachment…
- Select a file type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter an email address. Add a subject and a message.
- Click Send. People to whom you’re emailing this document will receive the doc as a downloadable attachment in the file format you selected.
I hope this helps you. As always, please contact me if you need more help.